About the UTMB School of Nursing
"Working together to create nursing excellence"
The UTMB Health School of Nursing focuses on excellence in nursing education, leadership, research, and evidence-based patient care.
The UTMB Health School of Nursing is committed to promoting a diverse faculty, student body, and staff. The School maintains an environment that respects and embraces the diversity of its faculty, student body, and staff.
Overarching School of Nursing Goals
Education, Research and Practice
- Innovation in education through the application of information systems and technologies to meet nursing workforce needs in the 21st Century.
- Implementation of a strong program of research built on faculty strengths in biobehavioral health, health disparities, and working with vulnerable populations.
- Expansion of the practice enterprise with an emphasis on generating revenue for the school and creation of a collaborative diverse community of scholars.
- Establishment of community partnerships to support the education, research, practice and service missions of the SON while providing service to the community.
- Prudent decision making regarding the use of limited resources while demonstrating the ability to generate revenue to support expenses.
Strategic Goals 2010 – 2015
- Preparation of the next generation of nursing faculty and health care professionals.
- Generation of knowledge through research that benefits the health of the population.
- Education of doctoral scholars to expand nursing science.
- Provision of expert advanced nursing practice directed at meeting the health needs of the community.
- Education of doctorally prepared nurse clinicians.
- Enhancement of distance learning and informatics.