- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - UTMB Galveston, TX - April 2019
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX Magna Cum Laude - Aug. 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - University of Texas, Arlington Magna Cum Laude - May 2011
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ADN) - Gulf Coast College, Panama City Beach, FLA - Dec 1996
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Critical Care
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Formal instruction: selected to teach GNRS 5217 Diagnostic Reasoning and GNRS 5625 AGACNP III at UTMB Summer 2020
- Informal teaching at the institutional level: Advanced hemodynamic interpretation, Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) theory/management, oxygenation, chest tube management
- Assisted in the development of the first Open Heart Surgery program at Kingwood Medical Center from 2007 to 2011 in the roles of CV Surgery Clinical Coordinator, Critical Care Educator, and ICU Supervisor.
- Development of the hospital’s first Critical Care Residency for ICU and IMU nursing staff; a 12-week residency still in use today.
- Doctoral program QI study and development of a novel protocol aimed at the early detection of PAD. This vascular protocol was successfully implemented into an EMR at a multi-physician practice in Houston.
- Doctoral Student Texas Nurse Practitioner Policy Fellowship – work included a formal literature review with submittal of a written paper and policy recommendations to the TNP regarding the impact of artificial intelligence on nursing.
- Active Mentor in the American Nurses Association Mentorship Program.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society since 2013 - Iota Mu and Alpha Delta Chapters
- Current Board Member and Secretary of the STTI Alpha Delta Chapter, Galveston, Texas
- AANP, ANCC, AACN, Texas Nurse Practitioners, Society for Vascular Nursing, American Nurses Association
- ANCC Board Certification – Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Student Nursing Excellence Award – Gulf Coast College 1996
- Nursing Excellence Shining Star Award – 2009
- Leadership Award – DNP Program 2019
- Manuscript pending submission to JNP