Where Do I Apply?
What is the Application Process? How Does It Work?
In order to begin an application, you will need to create an online account with NursingCAS. Once your account is created, you will need to request all transcript(s) & gather all required application documents before starting your application. When starting & completing your application, we recommend adhering to the following flowchart :
- Create an online account with NursingCAS
- Request transcripts from previous school(s)
- Gather necessary references (MSN & DNP)
- Gather required application documents (resume, personal statement, etc.)
- Begin your application
- Complete your application
- Check your application status online
- Monitor email for any emails from UTMB/NursingCAS
For best results during & after your application, we recommend:
Using a Modern Web Browser
Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge are preferred.
Turning Off Browser Filters
Disable any type of web-content filter for the duration of the application process.
Emails sent to your account from UTMB & NursingCAS may be flagged as spam.
What are the Program Requirements?
Please Choose Degree Level:
Please Choose Your Desired Program:
✳ – Graduate & Doctoral programs also require 1-3 professional references – depending on the program.
Applicants from international institutions must use one of the credentialing services approved by UTMB to provide a verification and evaluation of transcripts in order to be considered for admission to programs at UTMB. An official copy of this report must be submitted to NCAS by the application deadline. The following Credentialing Services are approved by UTMB:
Applicants whose tertiary-level education has been completed at international institutions must take and score a minimum of 83 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or take and score a minimum of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the native language is not English.
Please include your full name at the top of the statement and limit the statement to ~ 700 words. Information to be provided includes, but is not limited to:
- Discussion of health-related experience
- Work/volunteer experience
- Personal experiences that may have affected grades; please explain any interruptions in education
- Personal strengths and weaknesses
- Other relevant information you would like the admissions committee to know
For PhD applications, please also include the following:
- Your research interest area