- Post Master's, Nursing Education, University of Texas Health Science Center—Cizik School of Nursing
- DNP, University of Texas Health Science Center—Cizik School of Nursing
- MSN, Anesthesiology, Charity Hospital/Xavier University
- BSN, Southern University A&M College
- Doctoral Fellowship - Quality Improvement Initiative for anesthesia related perioperative dental injuries, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2017 - Contributor
- Doctoral Fellowship - Quality Improvement Initiative revision for pediatrics receiving oral contrast for outpatient procedures requiring anesthesia, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2018 - Contributor
Dr. Cindy West is an Assistant Professor in the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program and inaugural Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) School of Nursing (SON). Dr. West is a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) with extensive oncology and anesthesia clinical experience. A committed mentor, teacher, and change agent she guides learners in pathophysiology, quality improvement, translational methods, cultural literacy, and clinical courses, in addition to mentoring DNP students in their scholarly practice projects and advising the DNP Peer Mentorship Program. Dr. West is a master trainer for TEAMSTEPPS, an evidence-based communication and teamwork methodology for optimizing patient outcomes, and an active T3-Train the Trainer-Interprofessional Team Development Program participant and IPE facilitator.
She is a lifelong champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and currently serves on local, state, and national DEI focused boards and organizations including: UTMB Institutional Diversity and Inclusion Council, Texas Association of Nurse Anesthetist Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Taskforce, The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leadership Network (DEILN) and the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education which focuses on knowledge related to DEI principles and fostering inclusivity.
- Toastmaster's International Inc.
- Honor Society
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Incorporated