- PhD, Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona
- BSN, High Honors, University of Michigan-Flint, Flint, Michigan
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Cardiometabolic health
- Physical activity
- Health promotion
- Health disparities
- Determinants of health
- Ethnic minority women
- Early childhood
- 2019-present — American Nurses Association: Member
- 2019-present — Arizona Nurses Association: Member
- 2018-2019 — International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity: Member
- 2016-2020 — Western Institute of Nursing: Member
- 2017-1018 — Sigma Theta Tau: Beta Upsilon Chapter
- 2017 — Society of Behavioral Medicine: Member
- 2013 — The American Holistic Nurses Association: Member
- 1999 — Sigma Theta Tau: Pi Delta Chapter
- 2016-2018 — Jonas Scholar Nurse Leader Cohort 2016-2018
- 2017 — Society of Behavioral Medicine Meritious Student Abstract Award (co-author)
- 2017 — Awarded High Abstract Award for International Conference on Transport & Health: 2nd place for doctoral level with $200 prize (first author)
- 2015-2016 — Calvin C. Lorenz Scholarship
- 2014-2015 — University Graduate Fellowship
- 2000 — Recipient of University of Michigan-Flint Maize and Blue Distinguished Scholar Award
- 1999 — Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau: Pi Delta Chapter
- 1999 — Francine Zick Student Research Fund
- 1999 — Ethel P. MacLennan Scholarship
- 1998-1999 — Hazel Simms Scholarship
- 1996 — Awarded Flint Rotary Scholarship
- November 2000-present — Registered Nurse, State of Arizona
- 2001-2003 — Registered Nurse, State of California
- 2000-2001 — Registered Nurse, State of Michigan
- Lorenzo E., Szeszulski J., Shin, C.N., Todd M., Lee, R.E. (2020). Relationship between walking for active transportation and cardiometabolic health among adults: A systematic review. Journal of Transport & Health.
- Lorenzo E., Szeszulski, J., Todd, M., Mama, S.K., and Lee, R.E. (2020). Health is Power (HIP): Active transportation, physical activity, and cardiometabolic health among ethnic minority women. Journal of Physical Activity & Health, 8, 1-8. doi: 10.1123/jpah.2019-0098; PMID: 32035414 [Epub ahead of print].
- Szeszulski, J., Lorenzo E., Arriola, A., Lee, R.E. Community-based Measurement of Body Composition in Hispanic Women: A Comparison of Dual and Single Frequency Bioelectrical Impedance (2019). Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- Szeszulski J., Lorenzo E., Shaibi G.Q., Buman M.P., Vega-López. S., Hooker S.P., Lee R. E. (2019). Effectiveness of early care and education center-based interventions for improving cardiovascular fitness in early childhood: A Systematic review and meta-analysis. Preventive Medicine Reports, 15.
- Lee, R.E., Lorenzo E., Arriola, A., Szeszulski, J., Soltero, E., Hill, J., Shaibi, G.Q., Sellers Pollins, K., O'Connor, T., Marsiglia, M., Estabrooks, P.A., Todd, M., Bruening, M. (2018). Design and Methodology of a Cluster-Randomized Trial in Early Care and Education Centers to Meet Physical Activity Guidelines: Sustainability via Active Garden Education (SAGE). Contemporary Clinical Trials. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2018.12.003
- Lee, R.E., Lorenzo E., Heck, K., Kohl III, H. W., & Cubbin, C. (2017). Interrelationships of physical activity in different domains: Evidence from the Geographic Research on Wellbeing (GROW) study. Journal of Transport & Health, 6, 538-547. doi: 10.1016/j.jth.2017.02.004. PMID: 30550775
- Ansari, S., Soltero, E., Lorenzo E., & Lee, R. E. (2016). The impact of religiosity on dietary habits and physical activity in minority women participating in the Health is Power (HIP). Preventive Medicine, (5)21, 210-213. doi:10.1016/j.pmedr.2016.12.012. PMID: 28070479; PMCID: PMC5219644.