- EdD, University of Houston, Houston, Texas. Collaborative Program with Baylor College of Medicine
- MSN, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- BSN, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Beth Ulrich, EdD, RN, FACHE, FAONL, FAAN, is a nationally recognized thought leader who is known for her focused research on nursing work environments and experiences of new graduate nurses as they transition from nursing school into the workforce, and for her leadership in developing the roles of nephrology nurses and improving the care of nephrology patients. Dr. Ulrich has extensive experience as a healthcare executive, educator, and researcher.
Dr. Ulrich is the Editor-in-Chief of the Nephrology Nursing Journal. She is a past president of the American Nephrology Nurses' Association, a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, a Fellow in the American Organization for Nursing Leadership, and a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing. She has numerous publications and presentations to her credit on topics including nephrology nursing, nurses' work environments, and how new graduate nurses transition into professional nurses. Both editions of Dr. Ulrich's books Mastering Simulation (2014, 2020) and Mastering Precepting (2012, 2019) have received AJN Book of the Year Awards.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- Fellow, American Organization of Nursing Leadership (formerly American Organization of Nurse Executives)
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Phi Chapter (National Nursing Honor Society)
- Member, American Nephrology Nurses' Association
- Member, American Nurses Association
- Member, Texas Nurses Association