Dr. Martin received her Associate Degree in Nursing at the Lone Star College System, Houston, Texas in 1987, and her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 1998. In 2001, she earned her Master of Science in Nursing Administration from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, and her Post Master's Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner from UTMB in 2005. In 2015, she graduated with a Doctor of Nursing Practice from Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA.
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Obstetrics and Gynecology/Oncology Therapeutic Areas of Research
- Cerclage, Contraceptives, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, Electronic Fetal Monitor Devices
- Endocrine, Episiotomy pain, Genetics, Gynecologic Oncology, and Hormone Replacement Therapy
Dr. Martin teaches in the undergraduate baccalaureate program and is currently teaching---NURS 4531 Nursing: Mother and Family and NURS 3340 Health Assessment.
- 2005 National Certification Corporation- Women's Healthcare Nurse Practitioner
- 2005 Sigma Theta Tau UTMB Chapter, Alpha Delta