- DNP, Loyola University- New Orleans, 2012
- MSN, FNP, Texas A&M at Prairie View, 2003
- BSN, University of Texas at Houston, 1991
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Dr. Barnett provides Family Practice Nurse Practitioner patient care services in Houston's underserved areas with over 20 years' experience in the clinical setting. Dr. Barnett has mentored nurse practitioner students in the care of adults and pediatrics. Dr. Barnetts' clinical experiences include Labor & Delivery, Medical –Surgical and Primary care in the community including pediatric and home assessment care.
Dr. Barnett DNP Capstone Project: Continuity of Care for Diabetics in the Indigent Clinic Setting: A Checklist for Nurse Practitioners.
- Role of NP and Ethics
- Health Policy
- Pathophysiology for APN's
- Physical Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Pharmacology for Nurse Educators
- Dr. Barnett is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, credentialed with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Chair Annual Health Fair for underserved community in Houston Area.