- Doctor of Nursing Practice, April 2015, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Master of Science in Nursing, December 2001, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, May 1997, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Associate of Science in Nursing, May 1985, Galveston College, Galveston, TX
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Focal laser ablation for low Gleason scored Prostate Cancer
- Clinical preceptor for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner students
- Tunneled Chest and Peritoneal Drainage Systems
- Ultrasound Guided central venous access
- Emergency Guidelines and Care of Patients Undergoing Contrast Reactions in Radiology
- Emergency Nursing
- Interventional Radiology
- Medical ICU
- Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with Interventional Pain Specialists, Pasadena, TX
- Clinical Specialist, Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Radiology, UTMB, Galveston, TX
- Nurse Manager, Emergency Nursing/Radiology Nursing, UTMB, Galveston, TX
- Nurse Clinician, Emergency Nursing, Medical ICU, Telemetry, UTMB, Galveston, TX
- American Nurses Association, Member
- Texas Nurse's Association, Member
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Member
- Association for Radiologic & Imaging Nurses, Member
Aoughsten, Jacqueline et al. The Effect of the Affordable Care Act on Medicare: Opportunities for Advanced Practice Nursing. Nurse Leader, Volume 13, Issue 3, 49-53.
Mikus, J, Aoughsten, J, Walser, E, Focal Laser Ablation of Prostate Cancer- Short Term Outcomes versus Conventional Therapy. Radiological Society of North America 2014 Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, - ,Chicago IL.
Triage of Newly Diagnosed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients in the Prison Population, presented to Faculty April 2015.