- Post Master's Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner, Texas Woman's University, Houston, TX
- MSN, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- BSN, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Ms. Rumsey began her nursing career in the medical internship at UTMB. While rotating through medical and intensive care units, she developed a special interest in oncology nursing. While completing her MSN, she went to work full time in hematology and bone marrow transplant at Bexar County hospital in San Antonio. Upon completion of her master's degree in nursing, Ms. Rumsey returned to the Houston area and worked in nursing staff development at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. She has also worked as a school nurse and as a family nurse practitioner. In 2008, she began teaching in an associate degree nursing program.
- 2015 Innovation in Teaching Award, Lone Star College – Tomball
- 2014 Nursing Excellence Award, Bronze Award
- 1993 Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice, Texas Nurses Association