- DNP (2010) University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- MSN (1996) University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- BSN (1991) McNeese State University
- BS Chemical Engineering (1983) Louisiana State University
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Dr. Forest has over 28 years of experience in neonatal critical care nursing, over 23 of which are as a neonatal nurse practitioner. Her research and grant activities focus on quality improvement initiatives including grant-funded projects aimed at implementing an education model to prepare nurse practitioner students to care for underserved populations and developing and implementing tobacco prevention and cessation activities targeting adolescents/teens and maternal smokers. She has led various hospital quality and performance improvement projects, which include transitioning facilities to tobacco-free campuses and decreasing hospital acquired infections in the NICU.
DNP Program: DNP Clinical Practicum I and II, Applied Statistical Methods for Practice Inquiry, Translational Methods for Inquiry, The Economics and Business of Healthcare, Quality Improvement for Clinical Practice.
Masters Program: Neonatal Advanced Health Assessment, Theoretical and Research Foundation for Advanced Nursing Practice, Nurse Practitioner: Professional Role and Business Principles, NNP Concepts and Practicum I.
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals Tobacco Prevention Grant, Regional Director
- American Associates of Colleges of Nurses Novie Faculty Award
- Outstanding DNP Faculty Award