- MSN: University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, TX
- BSN: Arkansas Tech University-Russellville, AR
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Vicky Ebone has been involved in nursing for more than 14 years. She is a board certified Geriatric Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). She has been teaching in Nurse Practitioner Programs at UTMB since 2009. She is currently course coordinator and teaches in the Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program.
Prior to teaching, Mrs. Ebone worked as a Nurse Practitioner at Pasadena Bayshore Hospital in Cardiovascular Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, and Cardiology. During this time, she developed and implemented an Outpatient Congestive Heart Failure Program in conjunction with cardiac rehab services. Prior to Bayshore, Vicky Ebone worked at UTMB in Transplant Services as Heart and Lung Transplant Coordinator.
Her current scholarly project focuses on Barriers to Follow-up care after Bariatric Surgery. Her other research interest includes heart failure management programs that promote better home management of heart failure, as well as research that would explore the gaps in care after hospital discharge for the geriatric population and patient's with early dementia.
- GNRS 5398-Geriatric Syndromes
- GNRS 5080-Clinical Role Practicum
- GNRS-5537-Nurse Practitioner Practice I
- GNRS 5538-Nurse Practitioner Practice II
- GNRS 5634-AGPCNP I Healthy Adults
- GNRS 5635-AGPCNP II: Common Acute Problems of Adults
- GNRS 5613-AGPCNP III Chronic Health Problems of Adults
- GNRS 5603-AGPCNP IV Complex Health Problems of Adults
- GNRS 5414-AGPCNP V Clinical Role Practicum
- GNRS 5350-AGPCNP Nurse Practitioner-Professional Roles and Business Principles
Membership in Scientific/Professional Organizations
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Heart Failure Nurses
- Galveston Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association