- DNP, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner Track, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- BSN, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- ADN, San Jacinto College Central, Pasadena, TX
- BA, The Far Eastern State University
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Management of headache disorders, headache policy, and patient advocacy. Dr. Vera Gibb received her training in headache medicine from several leading headache specialists in Houston as a part of her DNP clinical training. Dr Vera Gibb is a speaker for the Advanced Practice Providers Special Interest Group of the American Headache Society and the Coalition for Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP). Dr. Vera Gibb is very active in several headache patient advocacy organizations including CHAMP, National Headache Foundation, Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA), and ClusterBusters. Dr. Vera Gibb was a participant in Headache on the Hill (HOH) Summit 2021, 2022, and 2023, the annual headache advocacy event in Washington, DC, organized by the AHDA.
- American Headache Society. "The First Contact - Headache in Primary Care Program" Advisory Board Member
- American Headache Society. Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Education Task Force Co-Chair
- Association of Migraine Disorders Advanced Practice Provider Education Committee Member (APPEC), Expert content reviewer
- Coalition for Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP), Board of Directors, Secretary
- Houston Area Nurse Practitioners (HANP) 2023 Education Committee Member
- National Headache Foundation. Optimization of Care Standards Committee Member
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- Houston Area Nurse Practitioners
- Galveston Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses
- American Headache Society
- National Headache Foundation
- Clusterbusters research and educational organization
- Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD)
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification (American Association of Nurse Practitioners) 2015
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Headache Medicine (National Headache Foundation) 2020
- Certificate in Psychophysiologic Disorders (Psychophysiologic Disorders Association) 2020
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) Certification 2021
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) DNP Scholarship recipient 2021
- Mary Ann and Steven C. Salch Endowed Presidential DNP Scholarship recipient 2021
- Houston Area Nurse Practitioners DNP Scholarship recipient 2020
- Nursing Leadership Scholarship recipient 2020
- "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges" 2015
- SJC Nursing and The Law Award for best GPA 2003
- "The National Dean's List" 2002, 2003
- Gibb, Vera & Al-Arabi, Safa'a. (2023, June 13). Clinical Advisor. A Case of Severe Monthly Headaches in Teacher: Workup and Treatment. https://www.clinicaladvisor.com/home/topics/neurology-information-center/case-severe-monthly-headaches-migraine-workup-treatment/
- Gibb, Vera. (2023, April 12). Association of Migraine Disorders. Clinical Tips. The Importance of Asking About Adverse Childhood Experiences in People Living With Migraine. https://www.migrainedisorders.org/clinical-tips-adverse-childhood-experiences/
- Gibb, Vera. (2022, April 25). Medscape. Managing Migraine in Primary Care: 5 Things to know. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/971994
- Gibb, Vera. (2023, September 9). Behavioral and Psychological Aspects, Quality of Life, and Disability and Impact of Cluster Headache. Podium presentation at Clusterbusters 18th Annual U.S. Patient Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Gibb, Vera. Managing Migraine in Primary Care. Podium presentation at North Harris Montgomery Advanced Practice Nurse Society Spring 2023 Conference, Conroe, TX.
- Gibb, V., DNP, & Ciobanu, M., MD. (2023, May 6). Migraine and PTSD: A Panel Discussion. Panel Discussion at RetreatMigraine 2023 Annual National Conference, Minneapolis, MN., Minneapolis, MN. Coalition for Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP).
- Gibb, Vera. (2023, May 6). How to Talk to Your Health Care Provider About New Treatment and What to Do When Treatment isn't Working. Podium presentation at RetreatMigraine 2023 Annual National Conference, Minneapolis, MN. Coalition for Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP).
- Gibb, Vera. (2022, December 14). A Migraine Journey Through a Woman's Life. Podium presentation. Galveston Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses December 2022 Meeting. Galveston, TX.
- Gibb, Vera. (2022, November 4). Managing Migraine in Primary Care. Podium presentation at Houston Area Nurse Practitioners' Annual Conference 2022. Houston, TX.
- Gibb, Vera. (2022, June 23). QuadTV Talk on Headache Management. Virtual presentation hosted by VillageMD. 1 hr CME approved by American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) prescribed credit. Houston, TX.
- Gibb, Vera. (2022, April 1). Getting an Accurate Diagnosis. Podium presentation at RetreatMigraine 2022 Annual Conference, Charlotte, NC. Coalition for Headache and Migraine Patients (CHAMP).