Software Installation Notes: Software installation on UTMB issued devices will require Information Technology Services unless you have been granted administrative rights on your device.
- UTMB Blackboard - Note: Does NOT require Citrix or MyVPN / Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- MyStar - Note: Requires Citrix or MyVPN / Cisco AnyConnect VPN
Note: UTMB OneDrive can only be accessed via the web or on mobile device applications when off campus.
- Download & Install Microsoft Office 365
- Office 365 - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams)
- UTMB Office 365 Support
- Guide: Using Office 365 Outlook (Webmail)
- Guide: Changing Your Image
- UTMB Email Correspondence Standards
- UTMB Powerpoint Presentation Templates
- UTMB Word Document Stationery Templates
UTMB SharePoint (Departments Area):
Note: UTMB SharePoint can only be accessed via the web or on mobile device applications when off campus.
- Download & Install Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams Quick Start Guide
- Welcome to Teams Introductory Video
- UTMB Recording: Emerge & TechTalk 3/18
- Instructor-led training for Microsoft Teams
- Change your background for a Teams meeting
- Use breakout rooms in Teams meetings
- Microsoft Support for Microsoft Teams: Meetings and calls
- Microsoft Support for Microsoft Teams: Six things to know about notifications
- UTMB Virtual Meeting Resources
Video Conferencing Resources:
Information Technology Services (ITS) Support:
Citrix & MyVPN:
Note: Most applications do not require Citrix or VPN. Please use these applications only if you use a system that requires it.
- Citrix - (Kronos, MyStar, PeopleSoft)
- Using Citrix Workspace on iOS Devices
- Citrix Remote Desktop Guide
- Connect Using VPN
- Cisco AnyConnect for Mobile Devices (iOS & Android)
Note: Please use Firefox or Google Chrome with VoiceThread. Internet Explorer does not work with VoiceThread.
EAC Visual Data:
Document Management Resources:
Faculty Development & Resources:
- Blackboard SON Faculty Development Course - Note: There are development sessions, webinars, and other resources for faculty posted in this course. If you are an SON full time faculty member and do not have access to it, please email SONMultimediaLab@utmb.edu to request access.
Software, Security, & Operating System Updates:
Information Technology Services (ITS) Can Assist With:
- Username or password issues
- VPN / Citrix access
- Problems installing or logging in to Office 365 applications (OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams)
IS can be reached at ISHelp@utmb.edu or by calling 409-772-5200.
Enrollment Services Can Assist With:
- MyStar issues
- Registration & Fees & Holds on your account
- Financial Services
- Admissions and Records
Enrollment services can be reached at https://www.utmb.edu/enrollmentservices (emails for contacting different areas are listed on this page) or by calling 409-772-1215. They are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The Multimedia Lab (MML) Can Assist With:
- Blackboard and any of the course software (Panopto, CoursEval, VoiceThread, etc.)
- Exam software (ProctorFree, ProctorU, and Respondus Lockdown Browser)
- Technical iPad assistance
- School of Nursing website issues and feedback
- School of Nursing specific applications (Preceptor App, Responsible Use Agreement, etc.)
The MML can be reached at SONMultimediaLab@utmb.edu. We are available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Please make appointments with us via that email and we will contact you for assistance. If it is an emergency, use the "important" marker on your email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Citrix or MyVPN
Question: Which should I use, Citrix or MyVPN?
Answer: Most users do NOT need to use Citrix or MyVPN, unless accessing a system that requires it (Kronos, PeopleSoft, EPIC). If required, Citrix is preferred. MyVPN / Cisco AnyConnect should only be used by those where it is absolutely essential to access UTMB network resources.
Question: I have logged into VoiceThread but I am unable to see my course's VoiceThread content. Where is the content?
Answer: This issue happens when you login to VoiceThread directly, instead of using the link in the Blackboard course. Please try the following steps to access your course's content:
- Login to UTMB Blackboard
- Click on the VoiceThread menu item on the left menu, and login to VoiceThread from there
- After successfully logging into VoiceThread through Blackboard, you should have access
If this does not work, please try the above while an alternative web browser, such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.