- PhD, Biobehavioral Clinical Research, Virginia Commonwealth University
- MSN, Nursing Administration: Executive Track, Virginia Commonwealth University
- BSN, Radford University
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Dr. Jones's research contributes to improving outcomes in acute and critically ill patients through evidence-based oral health practices and interprofessional oral health education. She has furthered the development of national oral care protocols aimed at reducing ventilator-associated pneumonia. Dr. Jones has also expanded her focus to explore the professional and personal impact of moral distress on interprofessional healthcare providers and the effect of oral health practices on non-ventilator hospital acquired pneumonia.
Dr. Jones has taught a wide variety of courses at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level including courses in leadership and administration, quality and patient safety, independent studies, candidacy and dissertations, health assessment, medical-surgical nursing, high acuity nursing and, community health nursing.
- Outstanding Nursing Alumnus Award, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Fellow, Leadership for Academic Nursing Program, American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Selected as one of 25 Outstanding Nurses, 25th Annual Nursing Celebration, Texas Nurses Association, District 9
- New Investigator Development Program (Grants 102) Selected Participant, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences (CCTS)
- Student Poster Award Recipient, Southern Nursing Research Society
- Martha M. Borlick Research Award, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Graduate School Travel Award, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Graduate School Scholarship, Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Black History in the Making Award, Virginia Commonwealth University