- PhD, Nursing Science, Texas Woman's University, Institute of Health Sciences, Houston, TX
- Post Masters Certificate, Leadership & Administration, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- MS, Education (MSEd), Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
- BSN, Prairie View A&M University, Houston, TX
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Student Nurse Stress
- Perceived Faculty Support
- Foreign Born Nursing Students
- Leadership and Succession Planning
Dr. Junious has a clinical background in medical surgical nursing, telemetry, professional school nursing, and hemodialysis. She has served as Clinical and Program Director in both clinical and academic settings. With a true passion for academic nursing and leadership, Dr. Junious has mentored nursing students at the Associate of Applied Science, Accelerated Bachelor of Science, and Master of Science Degree levels. She has also served as a dissertation/capstone committee member for students completing Doctorate Degrees.
Dr. Junious is an Editorial Board Member of the Science Publishing Group. She collaborates as an Article Reviewer for the Journal of Professional Nursing and serves as a Peer Evaluator for the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Dr. Junious has published manuscripts and presented oral and poster presentations on topics that range from foreign born nursing student stress to leadership and succession planning.
Dissertation Topic: Student nurse stress and perceived faculty support: A triangulation study with foreign-born baccalaureate nursing students.
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Peer Evaluator
- Article Reviewer, Nursing Education Perspectives
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Nursing Science, Science Publishing Group
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Co-Journalist, South Texas 2020-2022
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- Sigma Honor Society
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Certified Distance Educator
- Junious, D.L., Caldwell, G.G., & Goodman, J.G., (2018). Teaching Tip, Capstone: Model for Change. Nurse Educator, 43(4), 214.
- Junious, D.L. (2018). Collaborative Simulation Training: Strategies used to teach root cause analysis leadership competencies. Nursing Education Perspectives. Published ahead of print. August 2018. doi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000404.
- Mitchell, Nathan K., Hairston-Green, Danielle, & Junious, DeMonica L. Oral Podium Presentation, 2018 Annual Meeting of the Southern Political Science Association. New Orleans, LA. Full Loads, Empty Plates: Food security in college students. January 4-6, 2018.
- Junious, D.L., & Caldwell, G.G. Poster Presentation, STTI, Linda Carson Research Day in New Orleans, Louisiana. Succession Planning: A Curriculum for Aspiring Nurse Leaders. April 21, 2017.
- Johnson, C., Goodman, J., McClinton, A., & Junious, D.L. Oral & Poster Presentation, 13th Annual TAMUS Pathways Student Research Symposium in Prairie View, TX. Factors Contributing to the Success of Graduate Nursing Students: An exploratory study. November 3rd & 4th, 2016.
- Junious, D.L., Malecha, A., Tart, K., & Young, A. (2012). Student nurse stressors and foreign-born nursing students in the United States: A literature review. Journal of Professional Nursing, 28(5), 297-305. *Post publication corrections in the May-June 2012 issue.
- Junious, D.L., Malecha, A., Tart, K., & Young, E. (2010). Stress and perceived faculty support among foreign-born baccalaureate nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(5), 261-270. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20100217-02.
- Junious, D.L., Malecha, A., Tart, K., & Young, E. (2009). Student nurse stress and perceived faculty support: A triangulation study with foreign-born baccalaureate nursing students. Funded: $5000.00 from TWU, John Winston Carter Small Research Grant, Spring 2008.