- PhD, Biostatistics
- MS, Mathematics
- BS, Mathematics
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
Dr. Baumler has served as the lead statistician on numerous multi-site longitudinal studies in multiple areas including youth risk behavior, dating violence prevention, vaccination uptake and cancer prevention screening. Her research interests focus on using multilevel modeling to evaluate intervention effectiveness in school, clinic, and community-based studies as well as the integration of qualitative research to refine and inform complimentary quantitative analyses. Dr. Baumler enjoys collaboration with multiple research teams from many different disciplines.
- Temple J, Baumler E, Wood L, Guillot-Wright S, Torres E, Thiel M. (in press). The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Adolescent Mental Health and Substance Use. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Weber E, Peskin M, Markham C, Shegog R, Baumler E, Addy R, Temple J, Hernandez B, Cuccaro P, Thiel M, Gabay E, Tortolero S. (2022) Economic Evaluation of an Intervention to Prevent Adolescent Dating Violence (Me & You). Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Franco K, Baumler E, Torres E, Lu Y, Wood L, & Temple J. (2022) The Link Between School Climate and Mental Health among an Ethnically Diverse Sample of Middle School Youth. School Mental Health. Current Psychology.
- Temple J, Baumler E, Wood L, Thiel M, Peskin M, Torres E. (2021). A Cluster Randomized Trial of a School-based Dating Violence Prevention Program for Middle School Youth: Short-Term Results. Pediatrics.
- Wood L, Backes B, Baumler E, McGiffert M. (2021). Examining the impact of duration, connection, and dosage of domestic violence services on survivor well-being. Journal of Family Violence.
- Wood L, Baumler E, Rinehart J, Temple J (2021). Risk for dating and sexual violence overtime: The role of college and prior experiences with violence. Journal of American College Health.
- Lu Y, Baumler E, Temple J (2021). Multiple Forms of Sexting and Associations with Psychosocial Health in Early Adolescents. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Coyle K, Anderson P, Laris BA, Barrett M, Unti T, Baumler E. (2021). A Group Randomized Trial Evaluating High School FLASH, a Comprehensive Sexual Health Curriculum. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Wood L, Baumler E, Voth Schrag RJ, Guillot-Wright S, Hairston D, Temple JR, Torres E. (2021).
Don't know where to go for help: Safety and economic needs among violence survivors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Family Violence.