Ms. Svoboda has practiced in a variety of roles within the inpatient and clinic based maternal-child health arena over the past 20 years. She began her career in 1999 as a labor & delivery nurse at Women's Hospital of Texas. In 2003 she practiced as a Women's Healthcare Nurse Practitioner (NP) in OB/Gyn, maternal fetal medicine and in reproductive endocrinology. She joined the UTMB OB/Gyn department as an NP and a supervisor for the Perinatal Residence in 2007. In 2013, she joined the UTMB School of Nursing (SON) as an assistant professor. As a full-time faculty member, she continues to contribute to clinical practice through her role as an NP in the OB/Gyn department at UTMB.
Ms. Svoboda is the lead SON coordinator for an innovative project titled the BAMBI/SON Collaborative which encourages breastfeeding and bonding for incarcerated mothers by utilizing student led education and bedside companion opportunities. She has had the honor of sharing this team initiative and its works by presenting podium and poster presentations at various local, state & national conferences throughout the United States and co-authoring an article for a peer reviewed journal in 2019.
Ms. Svoboda has also served as the Treasurer for the AWHONN Bay Area chapter; as the Secretary for the Alpha Delta Sigma Theta Tau (STTI) Honor Society Secretary; and currently as a Director at Large for STTI.
- BSN: UTMB, 1999
- MSN: UTHSC, 2003
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in progress: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- NURS 4531
- NURS 4532
- NURS 4312
- NURS 4430
- 2019 Betty Lee Evans Nursing Excellence Award, UTMB Galveston School of Nursing
- 2019 Excellence in Nursing, Good Samaritan Foundation, Bronze Medalist
- 2019, 2018, 2017 Outstanding Faculty Award, UTMB Galveston School of Nursing
- 2018 Estalee Price Nursing Award, UTMB Galveston School of Nursing
- 2016 CNO ADMIRE Award- Innovation Category, UTMB Galveston Health System
- 2016 UTMB President's Cabinet Award Recipient, UTMB Galveston Health System – three year grant funding for $41,000
- 2015 Excellence in Nursing, Good Samaritan Foundation, Bronze Medalist
- 2015 Master of Pinning Ceremony for UTMB School of Nursing (elected by students)
Personally, she is married and has three children. She serves within her community as a founder & president of a local service non-profit, Friends Thru The Fight, which provides financial, social and spiritual support for breast and gynecology cancer patients in Galveston County.