- DNP, Nurse Executive Option, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- MSN, Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, University of Texas Medical Branch
- BSN, University of Texas Medical Branch
- ADN, San Jacinto College - South Campus
- Certificate Program, Vocational Nursing (VN), Austin Community College
Areas of Research, Teaching, And Clinical Expertise and Scholarship
- Quality Improvement/Process Improvement
- RN/APRN Skill Acquisition
- Transition to Practice
- Models Care Delivery
- Population Health
Dr. Rosser's clinical background in nursing includes general medical/surgical, intermediate care, invasive and non-invasive cardiology, and critical care. She has held nursing leadership & administrative roles in tertiary and quaternary academic medical centers, and community hospitals. She has extensive experience in nursing and medical quality assurance, and performance improvement.
Dr. Rosser's experience as a nurse practitioner includes intensive care, internal medicine, hospitalist medicine, sepsis nurse practitioner & SERRI grant site coordinator, stroke nurse practitioner and primary stroke center program manager.
Dr. Rosser's scholarship areas include: Interprofessional and intraprofessional collaboration, APRN role transition, simulation, sepsis care and cerebrovascular care.
Dr. Rosser's DNP performance improvement project was focused on improving care outcomes for patients experiencing sepsis/septic shock by reducing cycle time for delivering early goal directed therapy interventions upon presentation to the emergency department. The project resulted in improved sepsis bundle compliance, and a decrease in the sepsis mortality rate which surpassed the project goal of a 10% reduction.
Professional Memberships & Service
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), Beacon Review Committee
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), Abstract Review Committee
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (Houston Gulf Coast Chapter) former education committee co-chair & chair
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Galveston Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses (GCAPN)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI), Zeta Pi chapter, Leadership Succession Committee Chair
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI), Clinical Partnership Task Force
- Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNPC)
- Critical Care Certification (CCRN)
- Cardiac Medicine Certification (CMC)
- Nurse Executive Advanced (NEA-BC)