UTMB's DNP Mission Statement
The mission of the UTMB BSN to DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program is to educate and prepare the future of professional exemplar certified registered nurse anesthetists to provide culturally competent care for all patients across the entire life span.
Objectives of the DNP Program
- Integrate nursing science and theory with scientific and theoretical knowledge from other disciplines as the basis for the highest level of nursing practice.
- Develop and evaluate culturally appropriate and effective approaches to health care delivery that meet current and future health care needs.
- Use information technology and ethical research methods to improve practice and the practice environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standards and principles for selecting and evaluating information systems, patient care technology, and related ethical, regulatory, and legal issues.
- Analyze health care policy and function as an advocate for the nursing profession.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively to function as a leader in interprofessional teams.
- Analyze epidemiological, biostatistical, occupational, and/or environmental data in the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of clinical prevention and population health.
- Demonstrate the foundational practice competencies required for DNP practice