About the UTMB School of Nursing
We work together to work wonders in advancing nursing education excellence.
UTMB's School of Nursing's mission is to be the best in nursing education, research and practice in order to improve health for the people of Texas and around the world.
We demonstrate compassion.
We always act with integrity.
We show respect to all.
We embrace diversity.
We promote lifelong learning.
Strategic Goals 2016 - 2018
- Prepare the next generation of nursing faculty and health care professionals.
- Acquire new knowledge through education, research, practice and life-long learning.
- Educate doctorally-prepared scholars as nurse scientists or clinicians.
- Provide expert advanced nursing practice directed at meeting the health needs of the community.
- Advance interprofessional education, distance learning, informatics and simulation.