iLead Distribution Process
Instructions for receiving your leased iPad device and accessories.
What the iLead Program Provides
Students entering the BSN Undergraduate program will receive the following:
An Overview of Distribution Day
Below are the steps in the iPad distribution process to ensure all students are prepared for receiving and activating their devices.
Prepare for Distribution Day
- Students will be notified via their UTMB email of the schedule of events
- Students must know their UTMB username and password
- Students must sign the Responsible Use Agreement
Students must create an Apple ID (or have their existing Apple ID information ready)
- A personal email address is recommended when creating your Apple ID account
- Arrive at the designated classroom at your scheduled time, PHOTO ID REQUIRED
- Bring your personal cell phone, for UTMB and Apple account verification purposes
- Know your UTMB username and password
- Know your Apple ID username and password
- If you have not yet signed the Responsible Use Agreement, you will be required to do so before receiving your device
- Student receives their iPad device and accessories
Activating Your iPad
- Follow the instructions on the Activation Steps presentation
- Connect the iPad to the UTMBWiFi wireless network
- Sign in to the App Store with your Apple ID
- Learn how to Pair your Apple Pencil (1st generation) with your iPad
- Learn how to Use your Apple Pencil
- Attach the protective case to your iPad
When will I receive my iPad?
What accessories will come with the iPad?
Along with the iPad, you will also receive an Apple Pencil and an Apple Charger.
A protective case will also be provided.
What do I need to bring to/do at orientation to receive my iPad?
You will need to bring a form of Photo ID (driver's license) and your Apple ID. Before you are issued the iPad, you will be required to sign the Responsible Use Agreement detailing all official policies governing the lease and use of the iPad devices.
What happens if I damage the iPad?
Once iPad devices are issued at New Student Orientation, we will review our Responsible Use Agreement. The agreement will outline necessary measures and details regarding lost, broken, or stolen items.
What support services are available for the iPad?
After you receive your iPad, you will gain instant access to AppleCare. AppleCare provides many services to iPad users including:
- – 24/7 access (via chat and/or phone) to Apple experts
- – Accidental damage coverage (up to 2 incidents)
- – Software support for iOS, iCloud plus other Apple apps including Pages, Keynote and Numbers
- When will I receive my iPad?
Is the iPad lease required?
Yes, all students who enter the BSN Traditional program in the summer 2019 and later will be required to lease an iPad from UTMB's School of Nursing. The iPad devices are considered a required course material that will be used throughout your program.
Why do I have to lease from UTMB? Can I bring my own device?
You cannot bring your own iPad. The iPad must be leased from UTMB so that we can ensure each student and faculty member have a standardized experience. By utilizing the same tools, our shared platform will increase engagement and collaboration. UTMB also provides maintenance and the necessary applications on your leased device.
Am I paying to lease the iPad?
Yes, the fee associated with the lease will be detailed in your tuition and fees for the semester. The lease will last the duration of your program and does include more than the iPad device itself. The fee included in your cost of attendance covers: the iPad, Apple Pencil, AppleCare, technical assistance, and some of the applications necessary for classroom activities and learning materials.
- Is the iPad lease required?
Do I need to have an Apple ID?
Yes, you must have your own Apple ID to use the iPad (Apple IDs will not be created by UTMB).
What email address should I use for a new Apple ID?
If you do not already have an existing Apple ID and/or you wish to create a new Apple ID, you have the choice of using your UTMB-provided email address or a personal email address (Gmail, Yahoo, HotMail/Outlook.com etc.). Be aware, if using your UTMB-provided email address, we recommend – before graduating from the program – changing the email address on your Apple ID from your UTMB-provided email address to a personal email address.
Apple says my email address is already in use?
If you are attempting to create a new Apple ID and you are alerted that the email address you wish to use for your new Apple ID is already in use, do not panic. First – ensure that you do not have another Apple ID with that email address. You can verify this by attempting to reset the password for the Apple ID associated with the email address you wish to use. Second – ensure that the email address you wish to use is NOT listed as a recovery email address under any other Apple ID(s) you may have.
- Do I need to have an Apple ID?